There are seasonal work opportunities for Field Managers, Roving Hosts, and Campground Hosts. We have positions that offer 40 hours a week to as little as 16 hours a week. All host sites offer some type of utility hookups.
The employee must have their own RV.
If interested, please use the form below to submit your resume.
Campground Host Duties/Roving Host
Employee shall be responsible for campground host duties associated with one or more of Plumas National Forest campgrounds as part of a Forest Service Concessionaire Contract. This may include Kiosk’s, Day Use Areas, Boat Launches, and RV Waste Stations.
Employee must be able to pass a background check and random drug test, as well as possess a clear driving record. The employee must have their own RV.
Employee must possess a current CPR card. The Company will provide the CPR class at the expense of the employee ($45.00) which is refunded to the employee at the end of the season based on continuous seasonal employment.
The company will supply all materials and equipment required in accordance with the Special Use Permit and authorized Operating Plan for operations and maintenance of specific campgrounds sites.
When the Employee is not actively performing Host duties, the Employee is free to use his or her time for his or her own purposes.
Duties shall include but not be limited by:
- Performing campground Host duties in accordance with Forest Service contract documents, including but not limited by: Approved Special Use Permit and Operating Plan, Plumas National Forest publications, Specific campground publications.
- Representing Outdoors in Plumas to Forest Service employees and Federal stakeholders, other employees (i.e. campground hosts), and the general public.
- Utilizing approved formats, construct and disseminate required reports and schedules required by the Company and/or Forest Service personnel. Prepare reports, expenses, maintaining filing systems, and other administrative duties as requested.
- Maintain inventory and material lists associated with each campground.
- Clean restrooms and campground areas. Standards shall be established by the Company and/or the Forest Service.
- Collection of Campground Site Fees, Extra Vehicle Fees, and Firewood fees.
- Other related duties as requested.
- As a Roving Host to different campgrounds, kiosks, boat launches, day use areas, and RV Waste Stations all the duties above apply.
TERM: This contract term shall be in accordance with Forest Service approved seasonal opening and closing for the assigned campground.
- Business mileage in personal vehicles must be approved by the office and will be reimbursed at the IRS approved rate. All mileage must be detailed on an expense reimbursement form.
- The hourly wage is based on California minimum wage scale. Hours fluctuate based on size of campground, duties, position, and RV Site amenities.
- Company Vehicles will be provided to Field Managers as needed; Golf Carts will also be provided where deemed necessary. Field Managers will also have a company credit card.
Field Manager Duties
Duties include all Host duties as outlined above. Field Managers will be responsible for managing other hosts, helping at campgrounds, day use areas, boat launches, etc. as needed. Also responsible for inventory ordering, inventory control, and financial collection and reporting.