Experience Plumas National Forest
Outdoors in Plumas LLC is a campground concessionaire for the Plumas National Forest in California. These campgrounds, day use areas, and boat launches are located in government-owned recreation facilities located on the Beckwourth Ranger District, Mt. Hough Ranger District, and Feather River Ranger District.
The Plumas National Forest is located in Plumas, Butte, Yuba, Sierra and Lassen Counties in Northern California. The Plumas National Forest provides year-round recreational opportunities. In summer, visitors can enjoy many recreational activities include scenic drives, river rafting, lake boating, camping, stream and lake fishing, hiking, mountain biking, back road vehicle use, horseback riding, and picnicking. Come Winter, activities include snowmobiling, ice fishing and downhill and cross country skiing.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR 2021: OPEN CAMPGROUNDS
All campsites are closed due to unhealthy air quality and fire evacuation.
These campgrounds are new to reservations for the 2021 season and will have some sites available for reservations through www.recreation.gov.
- Bucks Lake: Grizzly Creek Campground, Sundew Campground, Mill Creek Campground
- Feather River Canyon: Gansner Bar Campground, North Fork Campground, Queen Lily Campground
These campgrounds already accept reservations and will have additional reservation sites added.
- Antelope Lake: Lone Rock Campground, Long Point Campground
- Frenchman Lake: Big Cove Campground, Chilcoot Campground, Frenchman Campground, Spring Creek Campground
- Lake Davis: Grasshopper Flat Campground, Grizzly Campground, Lightning Tree Campground
- Lakes Basin: Gold Lake Campground
***Be advised that the road to Antelope Lake from the east end of Genesee Valley is open. There may be debris and rocks on the road.
Alternate routes include:
- From Taylorsville take Plumas County Road 213 (Diamond Mtn. Rd.) north through the North Arm of Indian Valley, along Light Creek, and then east on Forest Service (FS) Road #28N03.
- From Milford, take County Road 336 south towards Laufman. County Road 336 turns into FS Road 26N70. Stay on 26N70 until you reach FS Road 28N03. Turn right. Stay on FS Road 28N03 to Antelope Lake.
- From Janesville take Lassen County Road 208 (Janesville Grade), south to Forest Service Road #26N70, and then northwest to FS Rd #28N03.
Beckwourth Ranger District
Beckwourth Ranger District is located on the eastern portion of the forest in Eastern Plumas Country and extends into Northeastern Sierra and South Lassen Counties. The district offers ample recreational activities including rv and tent camping, hiking, waterfalls, boating, and picnicking.